Saturday, September 23, 2006

Angry Women

It's been awhile my fine friends. Well, I am back to getting up early on Saturdays while the kids watch cartoons. I could be buzzing around the house doing things but I just don't want to...I need to just be.

Today I want to discuss the women in life who are angry. There seem to be many women walking around angry....why?

(1) They have sacrificed so much in life that they did not really want to sacrifice and when they did not receive what they considered appropriate accolade, they get bitter
(2) they have been screwed by some man and want the world to pay
(3) They took a women's studies course, bought into EVERY extreme idea and think that the world owes them some serious retribution...and they can satisfy themselves thank you...hello Mr. Rabbit.
(4) most of the time the anger can be pushed down but every once in a while it bubbles to the surface and erupts in a seemlying inappropriate time that leaves those around asking...what happened, why is she so mad? These rage outbursts are usually only with a very significant other - they are the only one trusted enough to let the rage out on...lucky people.

I have experienced a number of women in my life who have decided to reclaim their lives and stop living passively( very brave) and those around do not react well at first...they want the"I will do whatever you want" person back. It usually takes the compromised women a year or two to find the balance between excerting their opinion vs. being a BIOTCH. But when the balance is found, if they can come out of the blackness of regret and bitterness...these are often the most well adjusted women you can meet in my humble opinion. The key however, if figuring out what is making you so F___ing angry, what is fueling the rage that sometime makes you realize you could actually kills someone with your barehands. (no I don't relate at all)

I want to stop being angry but I don't know why I am in the first place...I have realized that when I get enraged I am usually feeling trapped in a corner of some kind and it feels like a fight or flight reaction, like some instinct is taking over my body and mind and I want to kill someone. However this rage really only comes out at my husband so clearly I have control over it in some fashion.

Why don't men seem to have these rage problems...many would say they do not give of themselves when they don't want to , they posses their lives more then women do?

How do we stop the anger? How we own our lives without being selfish bitches?

If you figure it out, PLEASE share.

1 Comments:

Blogger reppepper said...

"Why don't men seem to have these rage problems?"

Key words "seem" and "these".

As I understand it, "seem" almost always means "seem to me (the speaker, speaking understandably from his/her experience). Is there any research on this that would indicate objectively whether this is an illusion or not?

"These" rage problems. Anecdotal evidence (watching the news) suggests that some men do have rage problems of some sort. What is the distinction you intend between their rage problems and those of some women?

5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home