Saturday, July 15, 2006

On Vacation

Well yesterday was my first day of the first vacation I have had in almost three years. Last year I did not take a vacation because I was saving my days for my materantiy leave that I did not end up taking. I took the leave but only 3 and half months.

God is good, my kids are quietly playing upstairs, the baby is asleep, my house is cool even though it is hot today, I have music from India playing on my computer -fusion http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/30 for anyone who is wondering. We did groceries yesterday and so the fridge and freezer are full. A full fridge is so comforting to me...like I have done my job providing for my family, not only do we have food but choices! As a budding cook the full fridge makes me I feel like an artist who just got new paints and there are are millions of choices of how to mix and meld and create something of a sensation of beautfy..something that sustains the body and fills the soul with the experience of eating it.

We have two best friends coming to visit us this vacation....friends that have know us since before marriage and kids....new us when we were young and beautiful....it feels so good to be known in this way...to have certain events and facts known and have no need to explain.

I am also going to New Brunswick for my parents 50th wedding anniverary party. A huge event and a huge accomplishment in this world. Both Tim and I will have seen our parents celebrate 50 years together. Tim's mom died shortly after her 50th...my parents are alive and well.

I want to enjoy my days, not feel stress to do anything, laugh with my girls and hang out with my husband...today we have a birthday party...hmmm what will I make for lunch...I think a creamy basil dressing on a BLT salad with fresh bread from the bread maker.

let the sun shine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

It is good to hear you so happy! I am disappointed that I will be away for a bulk of your vacation - but hopefully we can find some time to hang out!

10:12 p.m.  
Blogger Warren said...

I had a wonderful time in T-Bay with everyone! THanks for your hospitality, kindness, and most of all for your friendship. You guys have been my friends when I have needed friends the most. Thank you.

Warren

1:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home